Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Thai Chicken Curry

And so I decided to cook today after depriving myself of some yummy treat last night I opted to cook my all time favourite dish "CHICKEN CURRY". I usually use the Indian paste but earlier I tried the Thai curry paste and I must say, I prefer the Indian taste over what I had earlier but nonetheless it was still good. 

I don't know why I love traditional cooking and spices from east asia but they really smell good though breath wise - they aren't. I think my Indian friend Veena also had an influence on why I heart dishes from India, she used to bring home cooked traditional meals at school when we were in college and it always smelled good and taste good thus :)

I'm not fond of jotting down the entire recipe because it's on the pouch for the curry paste but I added additional veggies on this like potato and carrots and some ginger and chilli (i love spicy stuff and this paste is just "mild" so) and onions. I kinda like sauteed the paste with onions, a little oil (a spoon), and coconut milk as per instruction on the pouch but how to cook it varies on each type of Asian Home Gourmet paste. Then I added all remaining ingredients and had it simmered. The important part is to not over cook your veggies - so since eggplants easily gets cooked - I put them last followed by the chillies. 

The finishing touches were just for fun, I placed coriander leaves and onions streaks just for fun. I always love doing nice presentations for food :D It's kind of overacting but hey! Since I'm eating it and serving it, might as well make it eye catching - tempting. :)

Happy cooking, if you decide to cook. Thai Curry paste is a little sour and sweet - the Indian Curry paste is stronger and thicker in a sense that I highly recommend it than the one I used here. Asian Home  Gourmet are readily available in all grocery stores in the Philippines - just go to the imported section and it's there. They also have other products for soups and rice spices.

BTW, the rice above is regular rice which I added a teaspoon of salted butter - thyme - black pepper and basil leaves. A little experiment on your dishes won't hurt as long as you don't overdo the portions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment