Monday, June 3, 2013

Tattered Denim Vest

Here's a DIY project that's totally easy as 1 2 3. Had been dying to do it for the longest time but laziness always gets the best of me but finally - today was the day.  Since I've decided to take hold of my life for the moment, I  finally did it :)
1. You will need
* Old Denim Vest (i got mine from a thrift shop in Manila some years ago)
* Scissors
* Paper Cutter
* Gems Buttons (or any buttons of your choice will do)
* Needles and Thread
2 - 3. First stop is to cut the sleeves as seen on the photo above.
1. To create the tattered effect, make sure that you have a used wooden board to use as base table once you start cutting.
2. Create slow to medium strokes on the fabric (up down up down, in this case had it diagonally but still same motion) until cutter cuts through. Repeat on the areas where you want to have the tattered effect.
1 -2 . In adding the buttons, make sure to have a preview of how you want it to look like. Alignment and stuff.
3. Thread your buttons as you want to place them on the fabric.
Finish Product :)

Fun, isn't it? Never leave me with a pair of scissors and some threads :D I'm really good at this - sometimes and it bothers me that my mother never thought of buying me a sewing machine. Maybe I will soon :D

You can also do this DIY with jeans and denim shorts. The strokes for the tattered effect sometimes depends on the thickness of the denim. For this one, I used medium stroking then I go fast and then slow. That sounded nasty but we're talking about clothing here - so shut your thoughts! :)

'Til next DIY :D

No comments:

Post a Comment