Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Five Skull Challenge

I know, I haven't written much entry in the passed couple of days unlike before. Well, I've been a bit busy doing something, that I never thought I was capable of doing. 

I'm not really a fan of skull but one man who's important in my life has this huge fascination over it and you could randomly say, that he's an inspiration for it but mostly, it was out of boredom. Ideas and colours just pops out of my head from nowhere and it's exciting and though it's not the best hand painting job one will see but I am proud of it. At least, I've found a way to kill my boredom at home and to express my emotions through the textures  that I mixed and to the strokes of my hands. I don't know if I'm capable of doing other designs aside from these skulls but everyday is a huge day, to challenge myself of all the other possibilities there is.

Here are my five skull challenge hand painting.
First Design :D
2nd Design. I was too overwhelmed when he made a comment on this design, that I literally ended destroying the good foundation that I started on the shirt but nonetheless, it turned out weird dirty crazy which channels my fascination for him.
3rd Design
4th Design
5th Design

And there they are! Hahaha I can't help but be proud of what I've done. The designs that I meant on this project is the shape of the skull. I'm not saying that they're all an original trace because they aren't. I googled some and eventually painted and they came out like this. 

I'm excited to make some for my friends. Hopefully they will pay for it. Hahaha I'm planning on doing some business for next year's Sinulog Festival but let's see how it goes first. I'm not sure how the fabric will react to the paint once washed or what-so-ever, so I'm just crossing my fingers that it's OK so I can push through with my plans :D

My first skull project is this one.
It's basically a DIY if you're into recycling old shirts like me. This is an old shirt with holes on the sides,  and since 'twas too boring to wear, I opted to paint something and came up with this :D Cut some portions of the sleeves, folded and stitched then WOOLAAH! :D

And here's my tool kit. :D Feeling much :D
I have paint brushes with 2 4 6 and 8 numbers. Pentel brushes has a fine finish when you're painting big portions and I have a favourite number 2 brush from China which I bought some years ago for outer tracing :D And assorted textile paint and I do mixes to get light blues, normal shade of green and other colours that I don't find in the shops :D Then I have a bag full of plain white shirts in different sizes. Just in case, someone would decide to order something :D Wee!

No comments:

Post a Comment