Saturday, October 5, 2013

Moisturiser Overload

I am a sucker for body lotions and moisturisers. I think I've started using them at the age of 9. My favourite back then was Johnson&Johnson's silky lotion. It had that wonderful smelling and vibrant feel to the skin. And up until today, it's been a hobby to use it in the morning after shower and in the evening before going to sleep.

Am I vain? Yes! I am because I want a smooth skin. It's like what my mother always tells me, it doesn't matter if your fat and ugly as long as you have a soft skin then that's all that matters and I'd like to believe that I do have that. I'm not flawless - I've got scars on my belly which I got because I'm overweight (it just came out of nowhere and became worst when I tried applying some organic palmer cream on it - so). 

But what really tighten my love for moisturisers was when my first boyfriend told me that my skin was glowing in the dark when we spent the night together. He was like out of the blue said it and that kind of got stuck in my head and since then I've decided to religiously ensure that I get enough moisturiser on my skin :D Buuyaaah! 

Anyhow, enough of the crappy talking. So here are a few of my favourite brands to date.
*Genes Vitamin E Creme 
I use this to lighten the marks on my belly but lately decided to use it for the entire body twice a week before going to bed. It has a petroleum jelly kind of effect in the morning and almost the same texture - so it's a bit sticky. 

*Greescape Organic Shea Butter
Wonderful smooth silky effect on the skin after every use. Just started using it last Sunday and I like it - I just don't like the weird old people like smell :D Got this from beauty bar. I think what makes this really special is that it's organic, so lesser chemical components that are harmful to the body :)

*Yves Rocher Body Lotion in Olive
My favourite lotion by far! It rocks and it gives you that glow 24 hours. And it feels so light to the skin. It's basically absorbed asap then the smooth silky feel comes out. A MUST :)

*Dove Cream Oil Moisturiser
AMAZING! It is love! For a cheaper retail price, you're totally getting the kick for your money and benefits for your skin. Leaves your skin glowing and smooth :)

*Victoria's Secret Fragrant Deep Moisturiser and Lotion
Leaves you glowing and smelling oh so good! It actually gets absorbed by your clothes when you change after putting the moisturisers on.  A MUST if you go out on a date or if you decide to cuddle with your lover 

*Yves Rocher Deep Silky Creme in Olive
A creamier version of their Olive lotion. If the lotion had a grand effect then this jar makes everything double. I mean it's obviously twice the moisture :) Also A MUST :) Good rocking effect if used before bed time then the following morning again :)

*Ahava Body Sorbet
Never really heard of it but my mother referred this after her visit to Israel early this year and I must admit - it's FANTASTIC but I'm only using it on weekends because their shop is only in Manila and I can't seem to find an online shop who sells them. It says on the label with dead sea minerals and believe me when I say this - it's not only awesome to the skin but it has that glorious smell that lasts 24 hours. Even when you shower, the water feels like it just slides on your skin :D A MUST :)

By far, these are my current favourites but I'm also fond of J&J specially their milk lotion. The Body Shop also offers good body moisturisers. Aveeno is also good for the skin but I tried using it before and I never really liked it. Instead of making my skin smooth as what the label says - it actually makes my skin dry :) I don't know if this have been of help but I just thought of sharing it to you readers. But remember, it is definitely not with the brand but with your skin type. These moisturisers just enhances the skin that you already have. 

In my younger days, I used to use whitening and tanning lotions to experiment on my skin because there are really times when I look pale and there are also times where I look too dark, so changing and channeling the trends on television was an escape but as  I age, I've to terms with my skin colour and love the skin that I'm with thus the fascination for moisturisers came to life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment