Friday, April 27, 2012

Stir Fried Noodles aka Pancit Canton (the famous panton of the Philippines)

Stir Fried Noodles aka Pancit Canton. In almost all important occasions (most specially birthday celebrations) in the Philippines, Pancit Canton is always present. According to folk tale tells, a pancit canton on the table during birthdays wishes the celebrant longer life and stuff. On my part, this dish is a favorite. I think that I've lived my entire life loving noodles. As a kid, as per my mother, I never ate anything but noodles (cooked in any form). Noodles everyday which forced them to be strict on my meals and to which led me to having this oversized killer body (NOT!). I was scolded and spanked by my parents so I'll leave the famous noodle craze. 

Anyhow, I'm not a good cook. I'm still learning and my dad cooks this dish delishly and I always wondered if I'd be able to do just that and the day has finally come, I should say. I'd say you can put a lot of twist to this dish and truth of the matter is, I still lack some ingredients to make it more tasty such as the little shrimps but nonetheless, a pancit canton will always be a pancit canton whether it lacks some ingredients or not because filipinos knows the taste by heart and I'd say, I've been tasted some dishes that are the same as this in other Asian countries but nothing beats to the way Filipinos prepare it.

Happy Meal everyone!:)



No comments:

Post a Comment