Tuesday, February 5, 2013

DIY Wallpaper

Artsy? Bored? Creative? Magazines? Newspapers? 

Just about everything. I mean, I am not personally gifted with skills and brilliant ideas about home decors and stuff but I do love recreating - recycling shiz since I was in college and I have been so dreading to try diy magazine wallpapers. Had been thinking about it for some time but never really have an idea as to what to do after I've pasted all those glossy stuff on my wall so, this morning I decided to dig into the world of DIY Wallpapers and lo and behold - there are so much creative minds lurking all over the world but the two sites that I'll be posting here is a favourite and one blog is hitting on me like a personal choice of heroine. 
http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2013/01/diy-instax-wallpaper.html
 This is a real attraction and I would really want to do this project one day when I have my own place and living the dream of being a housewife. LOL I mean seriously it's the perfect creative idea for people like me who loves photography. The only problem about this project is that it is a little expensive  - keeping in mind the ink for printer and the photo papers but by and by if you really want to invest on a wonderful eye catching perky wall - this is my bet but putting into consideration the fact that I already have a wall almost full of framed photos, I decided to just admire this idea from a distant and hope I'd be able to pursue this later. 
There are also other DIY ideas on this blog site which I dig and it kinda made me think - what if  I start  recreating the ideas I have in mind into reality? but then again, I easily get bored with things but let's see how it goes. :)
http://fabgreen.com/2008/02/28/design-by-rescue-newsworthy-wallpaper/
Newspaper slash b&w prints was also in my mind when I wanted to push through with the idea for my open closet but for newspapers I don't really know if I'll like the smile of it in my room thus the magazine popped into full bloom consideration - MUST. I think this particular DIY is perfect for a couple room or later on when I become totally serious with life :D

Point is, no matter what choice you may have for these ideas I've posted, it all boils down to showing off one's creative side and appreciation for things that had been once used - recycling. And I am one heck of a recycler so :D I started my own project already but I lack some of the materials like additional double sided tape and the thing you use to like seal the papers intact (pardon me, I forgot the term). Will be updating if I get half way with it :) 

For now, enjoy being creative :)