Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Charlie Chicken

Was in Manila, a couple of days ago and we stayed somewhere in Makati. And I'm a fanatic of chicken and rice and everything made of chicken (because i don't eat pork). So, my dad and I decided to try out this resto near the hotel we were staying because it had a catchy name - Charlie Chicken.

At first, I thought it was another subsidiary of the famous Bon Chon chicken but no, it wasn't. It has the same kind of service and servings though but must admit Bon Chon is far too better. Not that the meals on this resto weren't good but it was average. 

They mostly offer set meals and just like Bon Chon, Charlie Chicken's servings are deep fried into a sweet spicy goodness but I think when they made our meal, they used old oil because the chicken's coatings turned out darker than the usual :D

Anyhow, it was a good experience. It wasn't so budget friendly but it was OK. Not sure, where the other branches in Manila are located but check them out anyhow if you happen to pass by one :)
Chicken Rice: so so. I think it was better than the individual chicken that we ordered (i unfortunately forgot to take a photo of it, i was too darn hungry that time)
Chilli Dynamite: i would personally recommend and i would totally try making this if my friends are coming over for dinner. it's a good appetiser :)


No comments:

Post a Comment