Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sumo Sam Davao

I've written an entry about Sumo Sam a few months ago when my parents and I dined in at their first Davao branch and when I had lunch with my mother some time ago but I'm writing another one because the new revised menu for their Davao division has some fancy funky twist with their sushi rolls. 
They're basically an enhanced Japanese Restaurant because they don't have the traditional Japanese settings for tables and chairs. It's very contemporary which suits and justifies the current generation of clients.
Kimchi Pork Ramen that my father ordered. Didn't taste it because I don't eat pork but as per my dad it was good. On our second visit in one week, he ordered the same thing, so must be good :)
Curry Chicken Ramen. 'Twas my first time to try out their ramen (I'm a Rai Rai Ken fanatic but I don't know of a branch in Davao) but must say it was good but I can also say that I'd be able to recreate the same exact thing if I want to :D
Salmon... (I forgot the name) but it's a MUST if you're not into sushis and ramen and noodles. It's a classic grilled that's a little off for a Japanese Restaurant but it's so good and the serving is good for sharing :)
Beef something (pardon me, I'm not really good with remembering names) but it's so so. I don't really see myself ordering this 'cos how it was cooked was just basic - the usual way of cooking beef that is.
Rice topping is always a favourite but this comes off as dry :D But nonetheless the beef was cooked tenderly :)
"Davao Roll" The name itself is catchy because we're in Davao and they've created something on their menu that's purely from their own. And it's a blast of tastiness that I just love :)
"Mt. Apo Roll" Ever had Durian on your sushi roll? Then this is the real shiz people. It has a Durian in it and I never thought it will blend well with rice but it does :D
This one... I forgot the name but it's a MUST TRY on their menu :D

I'm big on Sushis, Ramen and other Oriental Asian dishes and Sumo Sam never fails me when it comes to the very basic traditional dishes that are purely filled with flavours. They've got branches almost everywhere in the entire Philippines. I'd like to believe that we Filipinos are really into dining out. I guess, when you work 6 days a week and you only got one day off, you'd love to just dine and try out new stuff on the menu. And most people in my country does that :)

3 comments: