Thursday, January 9, 2014

Chen Fu Ji Modern Chinese Restaurant

Singapore is not only known to be Asia's shopping capital but it is also known for its Chilli Crabs and so off we went in search of a place. Based on tour tv shows, Jumbo was well known but upon going for a reservation, we were told that they were fully booked for the day thus we went into another place and we couldn't be more happier. 

Chen Fu Ji Modern Chinese Restaurant sits atop Jumbo at Clarke Quay with a really fantastic view of the River and the people passing by. Like I've said in my previous entry - Clarke Quay reminds me of Copenhagen Denmark :)
View from where, we were seated. Really nice :)
I like their menu. It offers a brief history of the restaurant and it has Chinese and English verses. 
The ambiance is obviously too oriental but I like it. It's basically an old space if I based it on the wall and floor structures and it has that old smell but it's too neat for a Chinese restaurant which is another bonus and here's my Mamma who's wearing the bib for messy eating thing.

So, the food. We ordered what we came for and some specials on the menu.
I forgot the named of this soup but it's their best seller as per the guy who assisted us and I must say IT IS A MUST. Too good for a soup. It had tomato and some spices I can't seem to distinguish but it was really good. For soup orders, it is per small bowl - so this serving is good for one person but since we were there to try it out, we shared it.
Hongkong Asparagus - if I remember it correctly. It was also cooked perfectly and the minimal sauce makes it worth munching. They have other vegetables fixes on the menu but this caught our attention.
Seafoods Fried Rice which was amazing. It had fish, crabs and shrimps. And the plus points is, it wasn't oily like those other fried rice served in most restaurants.
Roasted Chicken - also A MUST. I think that Chinese people are so good when it comes to preparing and cooking this dish. It is tender and precisely cooked and even without the sauce - it is perfection. They also serve Roasted Duck and Pig.
What we came for… HANDS DOWN! The freshest that I've tasted by far and though I'm allergic to crabs - I ate like a rockstar. It was that good. It was that perfect. This is a Sri Lankan crab cooked in Chilli Sauce and I can still taste the sweetness and chilliness of this dish. I must say, I'm hooked and would definitely look forward to dining back if I get to visit Singapore again. It basically knocked all expectations out. Apart from crabs, they also serve lobsters and other seafood specials. 
Photo op with the Chef. LOL. I think it is very important to appreciate these people who are behind the food that you eat on the table. Cooking can be learned but how your flavour it, is a gift that no one else can take away.
Main entrance.

All in all. It was a really good dining experience. Chen Fu Ji reminds me of my favourite Chinese restaurant in Makati, Philippines but what really makes CFJ special is that all their crew are nice and friendly and unlike other restaurants, they're all well behaved and serene. We ate like royalties if I must put it because probably we were the only ones who dined because it was January 1st :D Anyhow, I love it there. Maybe next time, I'll try the Malaysian crabs and lobsters and those other dishes on the menu. It's a bit pricey though. For our entire meal, we paid about 300sgd but it was worth it. 'Til next time though! Xiexie Chen Fu Ji! <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment