Monday, January 27, 2014

Spam Sushi & Shrimps

So, for the passed few months, I've always wondered how a Spam Sushi looks like or how to make it. I know a friend from FB who loves this meal so much, that when he travels, he makes a handful for himself and last, I just caught myself browsing photos via google and today, I decided to make some.

SPAM SUSHI
You Will Need
1 cup cooked rice (minced garlic & mixed vegetables, optional)
1 can spam (any flavour will do)
3 pcs roasted seaweeds
2 eggs (beaten with black pepper, parsley & cilantro, optional)
3 tablespoon cooking oil
Dash of Thyme
Dash of Lea & Perrins
Dash of Minced Garlic
Sushi Bamboo Roller

Procedure
1. Cooked rice along with mixed vegetables and minced garlic in rice cooker with 2 cups of water. Once cook, let it cool.
2. Slice spam evenly and cook until golden brown or a bit reddish. DON'T OVER COOK. Set aside.
3. Beat 2 eggs, add dash of black pepper, parsley and cilantro. In a pan, add 1 tablespoon cooking oil and fry egg until cook. Don't fold, just let it spread throughout the pan. Flip, the other side to cook. Set aside. Check photo below :)

Let's MAKE SPAM SUSHI ^_^
1. In your sushi roller, PLACE roasted seaweeds, ADD rice, making sure that it follows the size of your spam slices. ADD sliced spams and eggs (eggs is shaped after the spam).
2. ADD another layer of rice. 
3. FOLD and ROLL :)
*slice evenly 

SHRIMPS
1. Using a kitchen scissor, CLEAN shrimps of its head and those tiny hand thingy. WASH and DRAIN.
2. ADD 2 tablespoon cooking oil, dash of black pepper and minced garlic, ADD shrimps.
3. Once shrimps changes to a shade of pink, ADD Lea & Perrins, sauté.
4. Simmer, until shrimps turns orangey. 

Finish Product :) I just sprinkled some Terragon for an artsy effect on it and placed the skinned shrimps in a tea cup :)

It's my first time to try Spam Sushi and I must say, it is easy and so yummy. At first, I was hesitant with how I can fold and roll it, given that a slice spam is not round but flat but it worked out anyway. Looking forward to serving this to my friends, if they come over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment