Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tonkatsu

So, there's a new Japanese restaurant that opened at Ayala Terraces Cebu a few months back and this post is obviously a bit overdue. Pardon me, I've been feeling lazy to do some blog post about food and stuff. 

The place is totally simple but once inside, you'll feel like you're in a restaurant in Japan. Tonkatsu is - as I would describe it, is a sister company of Italiani's. Their menu is mostly consists of pork meat. If I remember correctly, there are only two entrees for chicken and few for seafoods thus I ended up having the seafoods meal which consists of fish and oysters. What I really love about their food is the way they coat their entrees. Really wonder and the crispiness on each bite is really amazing. 

Here are a few photos from that dining.
I love the idea of an open kitchen for any restaurant. It gives you that homey feel.
The table presentation was fine. It's the typical fast-food like vibe. The menu was simple and easy to understand because the photos were presented nicely. I just didn't like the sauce containers, it makes pouring a little difficult because the sauce are textured a little thick.
We ordered
Salad, it looked like the typical salad with greens and tomatoes but lo and behold it has noodles in it, so the order alone is good for a meal if you're on diet. The taste was OK but the noodle was heaven.
Fries, the normal fries as I should describe it but the powder they dashed on it was good to the taste and the fact that the sauce were tartar mayo and ketchup - is kid friendly :)
Chicken Wings, I think Japanese and Koreans always have this on their menu for appetisers because it goes well with beer and theirs was tasty. But nothing beats the chicken wings I tasted in a Korean resto in Saigon some years ago.
Deep Fried Oysters, now, I'm really a huge fan of oysters but to have them fried is something that I was just too curious to try. I usually eat it raw :D It was fantastic! Like I said earlier their coatings are seriously awesome.
Pork Katsu, my dad had this. From the looks on his face eating it, I must say it was so so or probably good for others. I love their food servings though. I'm trying to find that tiny strainer for the food :D
Seafoods Katsu, it was so so. I mean it's fried so what do you expect. If you're a fan of fried dishes then this place is a go :) This order has fish then oysters then rice and miso soup and salad on the sides :)

Over all it was a good dining experience. I still prefer sushis and sashimis over this servings anytime of the day and I must say, I still prefer the Japanese resto in Saigon but Tonkatsu is a really good place to hang out and chill if you want that Japanese vibe within the vicinity of a shopping centre. Price ranges from 200php to 500php. A meal set such as the seafoods set is priced at around 485php something. I forgot the price. Anyhow, it was a fun experience and I love their place. The aura is beautiful :)

Visit them now at the lower level of the Ayala Terraces besides Italiani's and bring the entire gang along for that awesome Japanese fried sets experience :)




No comments:

Post a Comment