Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Well, Hello There Thirty-Seven!

Hello there good ole thirty-seven! Can't believe, we're still kicking it one day at a time. Another year passed and we are still here thriving to be better versions of ourselves. The last year had been nothing but a shocker. From finishing all my Cancer treatments, celebrating life with my family and husband to finding out that some new lymph nodes are swollen - to having to undergo another round of Chemotherapy and CoVid19 happened. So all plans had to pause including plans of migrating to Holland.

To say that I spent the last year enjoying the ride is an understatement. So many lessons learned in a span of a year - from re-learning new skills to acknowledging new traits in spite and despite all the circumstances but grateful for family, friends and the people I've met along the way. As we get older, we become a little sentimental over life's tiny victories. And in all of these, we must learn to rejoice and sway with every miracle. 

I honestly, don't know what to expect in this new chapter, of the adventures that are bound to unfold but I have faith that in all this chaos - something wonderful is worth the rollercoaster ride. I didn't have a fancy nor solemn celebration this year but it was a fun filled one.

Last year, I went for my Radiation Therapy - went to church and had a beef burger meal at Friday's with my parents. It was a gloomy day in 2019 and as I was about to take a bite from my burger - an earthquake came and we had to leave our table and only came back to eat after 40 minutes. This year, the weather was beautiful. I went to attend mass and did an early video-call with Martijn. My mother's siblings decided to pay us a visit and I'm glad they did - the house was alive. Also, our Vietnamese priest friend Rev. Fr. Paul came to celebrate with us and bless me.

I didn't have a burger meal this year as I've initially planned but I got the best gift to start my year - surrounded by the love and prayers of my family and friends. Though 2020 has proven to be a year full of crazy stuff, let's not forget to be grateful for our every days. Another year may had passed and we might feel lost with all our troubles but let's not forget that - "this too shall pass".

To everyone who sent their well wishes, gifts and prayers - thank you. God Bless your thoughtful and kind hearts. May the rest of 2020 be promising in terms of health, love and happiness.

The weather was amazing during my birthday, it was probably God's way of letting me know that everything will be oke - to trust his timing at all cost and to enjoy every bit of life because it is the greatest gift that we've all been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment