Monday, April 11, 2011

Oh my Salad

Currently Listening To: Pop Mixes

Oh my salad. Today, I was oh so hungry when I woke up that I literally overdosed my self with this plate.:) Salad. The perfect fit for my expanding waistline. Yes! I lose weight a few weeks ago and now I've gained them back like overnight. I wonder why it's so hard for me to maintain my weight but nonetheless, food is a gift and I love to eat and I love to experiment with it.

I was never a fan of salads. When I was younger I abhor vegetables and fruits. I never liked them but since I met my Turkish friends, I've grown a love for salads and so here I am making my self a plateful of it. The first one I ever made was back in Vietnam. Simple one but also an experiment but turned out really good.:)

On the salad:
Romaine Lettuce
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Cooked Mixed Veggies [peas, carrots, corn]
Onions
Beef Salami
Cheese
Boiled Egg
Mixed nuts [almonds and walnuts]
Olive oil
Black Pepper
Basil Leaves
Spinach Paste
Salad Dressing of your choice [i love garlic ranch]

My! Never realized how much ingredients I have in there. But it was really good. So good that I might be doing it again tomorrow. Instead of Salami you can go for boiled peeled shrimps or lobster or chicken and even fish. The choice is up to you.:)

2 comments:

  1. That does look really awesome! I haven't had a salad like that in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was indeed awesome.:) since you haven't had it in a long time... then it's high time that you do.:)

    ReplyDelete