Monday, February 18, 2013

Lantaw Restaurant Busay

Lantaw Busay is the newest branch of Lantaw Cordova. A new resto in the heart of the Queen of The South that offers Filipino dishes presented in a traditional yet with a twist kinda way.
If you're looking for some serenity atop the city - then this is the right place to be. I'd specifically suggest, you guys to come by during night because the city lights' surely amazing. Lunch is also nice to drop by because you get to see the wonderful scenery that Cebu has to offer.
Squid Salad with coconut milk - it was supposed to be served on a coconut shell, however when we came by, they've been only open for three days - so 'twas their soft opening and some of the things they need for serving weren't all delivered yet.
My all time favourite Monggo Soup with a twist, they added clamps and a little coconut milk, so it tasted a little sweet. Not really suiting to my taste buds but it was so so.
Bacolod Chicken Barbecue and Barbecued Chorizo. I kinda like how they cooked the chicken so, I'm giving this a thumbs up :)
Tuna Pangga aka Tuna's Jaw (not sure if I'm using the correct term) but anyhows, it was cook averagely just like all those of the restaurants in town that offers this dish. This comes in sizes - Small and Large. 
For those who love Pork, they have zee very famous Lechon Kawali and Crispy Pata but we opted to order this 'cos I don't eat Pork and the latter was a little bit huge for my parents to indulge on. Don't exactly know how it taste but as per my mom - it was OK.
Eel Soup or was it sea snake soup. I forgot. I didn't bother to taste because I am not a fan but my dad is and per him - it was fresh.
Heard of Lantaw Restaurant via Facebook and the first thing that I noticed was the glasses they used for their drinks and truth be told, I find it really economically amazing :) I love their quench thirster drink as well as the watermelon shake :)
Bibingka ala Mode. They served the traditional Filipino dessert the way you'd order or imagine a Brownie ala Mode. But this one came in with the traditional Filipino Cocao - Tablea.

Over all it was a so so experience. Nothing special with the food, I mean there are far more better established restaurants in the city that offers the same dishes at a very well put service and price.

I'm not saying that Lantaw Resto ain't good because I'm a diner and I've been into a lot of restaurants around and my tastebuds simply says so so for them except for the squid salad. I think it was pretty taste worthy.

It was their 3rd day of operation when we came in so, I can very well understand if the staffs weren't prepared and weren't well oriented in handling customers. I didn't like their restrooms, basically they just opened so I would understand if bashing them now is causing stirs to those who love the place.

I've expected quite a bit, I guess cos the photos I saw of Lantaw Resto in Cordova were all awesome. Guess, we have to lower our standards some times :)

For more sightings, you guys can check out their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LantawFloatingNativeRestaurant

I strongly suggest you give them a call if you come by groups or even if you're just planning on an impromptu dine in. Call them first because they have limited seats and it's much better to reserve ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment