Friday, March 22, 2013

Baked Salmon Pepper Cheese

Ingredients
Salmon (sliced or fillet)
Choice of Vegetables (broccoli or mixed vegetables)
Red Bell Pepper (green will do - medium size)
Regular Cheese (sliced)
Tomatoes (cherry, small to medium size - cut into 2)
Onions (cubes into 4)
4tbsp Oil
Dash of Black Pepper
Dash of Salt
Dash of Basil
Boiled Shrimps (optional)
Salad of Choice (optional)

Garnish
Olives
Dash of Thyme
Parsley
Sliced Lemon

Cooking time: 30 Minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350°C
2. Place Salmon slices in a baking ware. Sprinkle with Black Pepper, Salt, Basil and 2tbsp Oil.
3. Bake for 25 minutes.
1. Wash and cut on the center of each Bell Pepper - making sure that all the seeds inside are gone.
2. Place in Sliced cheese. Set aside.
1. In a cooking pan, Place all vegetables as seen above and sprinkle with 2tbsp Oil.
2. Cook for 3 minutes or until both sides (top and bottom) of each vegetables is lightly browned or grilled looking.
Finish Product. Garnish with choice of eye enticing gorgeousness. 

PS Broccoli and Shrimps were boiled with no added spices. Salad was the Potato Salad that I made a few days ago.

I'm not good when it comes to using ovens. But this particular dish was something that I learned while I was staying with my Aunt in Sweden. They usually like baking/ oven cooking their food than frying and I do understand why because too much fried food is unhealthy and so I'm trying to remember how she prepared baked salmon and chicken. And since today is no meat day for us Catholics - it was a great idea to be making this. 

Lately, I've been posting foodie stuff on here - well, it's too obvious that I've been bored and had been trying to practice the skills that I thought I wasn't capable of some 9 years ago but here I am, I am able to prepare dishes that looks fantastic and at some point taste fantastic (not diggin' sure but bet it's really good).

I hope one day, I can invite friends over and cook some of these platter meals to them. It'd be fun. So, enjoy and I hope that this recipe helped. And PS, I really like the red bell pepper thing. Been hooked to it since I tried it in Manila a few months ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment