Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Laced Clothes Hanger

Materials
• Used Fabric
• Scissors
• Used/ Old Clothes Hanger
1. Cut your fabric into an inch size or it depends on how wide you want it to be. For easier cutting, I folded the textile before cutting as seen on the photo above.
2. Cover the clothes hanger starting from the handle, working your way 'round the entire hanger itself. To cover the handle, simple put the end in between the fabric then fold and start twisting your way until you covered all areas. Since the textile lengths are different, make sure to tie the knot once each piece reached an inch from the tip, as seen on the photo. PS, the knot makes it look like a design for each clothes hanger piece :)
To cover the bottom part of the handle, simple twist the fabric around as seen in the photos above. 
Finish Product :)

Hey yah! I think my instructions were a bit vague. Pardon me for taking such short cuts on it by using photos to explain what I'm too lazy to write down. This idea came out of nowhere, I was fixing my closet and I ran out of clothes hanger and browsing through the laundry area - all I got were pink plastic hangers thus I decided to take time and modify it with some old fabric that I have. 

I think that the idea is pretty neat and I'm not sure if there are other related DIYs like this on the web. It's fun to be able to customised your own stuff at home to suit your taste and style. For this, I think it's best to be using the wood clothes hanger because it'll look more fantastic but it's also good to be modifying old ones that are at hand because it's more budget friendly.

I hope that this DIY made your day, the way it made mine :) Took me 45 minutes to finish 10 pieces. Enjoy customising. PS, you can also add some name plate on each if you want to have it as his or hers or you can add some cute ribbons on the bottom of the handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment