Saturday, March 9, 2013

Manila - Makati Family Bond

My last Manila visit meant family bonding. My grandmother (father) just died a few days when I flew in to join my Aunt, her boyfriend, my uncles, cousins and father. My grandmother died in the US and her remains were buried there, so, we who are her in the Philippines, were unable to pay tribute and visit her remains but nonetheless, I think my lola had a peaceful death and that she didn't want any of us to worry nor to grief like those that we see in the cinemas. 

Spending time with my immediate family whom I haven't seen for a long time was fun. Here are a few photos that I took during my stay.

Makati - Manila Philippines! The capital city of the country always makes me feel so awed specially with the tall buildings rising like lego shiz. The first photo is said to be the tallest building in Makati - an oozing 72 floors condominium. Took the pic from the hotel that I stayed. Then photos while on the cab and then while we were getting some cocktails from another hotel within the vicinity that we stayed. I love city lights. I basically want to live within the city, just like in Saigon. PS, Manila is a fast phase place, so if you're looking for a lax - relax place to live - MANILA - MAKATI is not for you. And being that, vending machines like the one I've posted above are readily available everywhere. Subways, Bus Stations, just about every where :)

Round and about The Fort Bonifacio High Street in Makati. Must say, this place is where the rich and famous usually hang out. It has a huge park in the center, it's a jogging area during weekends and pets are welcome in all shops even in restaurants :) And most top brands are here :) And there are also residential buildings and basically new structures are on the rise almost every day. But getting a cab is quite difficult in this place. Must have your own car, if you'll be chilling here passed 7p.


My uncle Nikko, Caitlin (Yvanna's uber young Mother) along with the rest of the gang went in for a little shopping trip at Greenhills. If you're from the Philippines and if you've been in the Philippines then you've probably have heard of this crazy shopping center where all brand imitations you can think of and "didn't pass quality" brands are. And basically the price is up to 50% of and more. And the place where we stayed in Makati was at the RED DISTRICT. So imagine my surprised when I walked out at night and saw all these signage on the bars and we did some rounds and for the first time in my life - I saw girls half my age - my age almost naked dancing on the floor as foreigners and even Filipinos enjoying. I pitied them but this is reality, I told myself but it's a sad reality.

It was a good mini vacation for me and this is an uber late post but nonetheless, I was able to jot it down and now I can erase 'em photos on my mobile. I've lived in Manila - Makati for 7 months before and the lifestyle is totally different from Cebu. I love to shop and I must say, everything is in the capital but I wouldn't trade Cebu for it. Cebu is stress free and it's a very small city and you can do a lot of things here and almost everything is also here and it's less traffic and less chaotic. But I love traveling to Manila - Makati. Always makes me giddy when I'm bound for a visit because I know - I'll be able to get good bargains and great deals :) And some of my friends are also based there :) 

Until next travel session :)




No comments:

Post a Comment