Saturday, March 9, 2013

Mövenpick Hotel Cebu

The Mövenpick experience. Formally known as Hilton Hotel Cebu, the changed of ownership has brought in some one of a kind update and experience. Gone are the all pink motif and then came in all white and sweet relaxing hues. I am in love with the new facade.
They are slowly changing the colours of the building thus explains the "still" pink building on the right. The structure behind where I stand (which you can't see) is the Condominium building to which I must say: "lucky are the owners of the units." They're so close to paradise :D
Father dear posing in the midst of the seaside view. At his back stand the old Manny O's restaurant which now caters to fine dining - buffet and some music festivities at night.
Beautiful pool area which transforms into a wonderful blue water at night. Will be posting some photo of it in a bit.
As mentioned earlier, the pool area transforms into a magnificent blue at night - actually the entire place looks so out of this world at night. The chairs near the sea shore illuminates and yes! since I like the shade of blue - I instantly feel in love.
Since it was my father's 54th Birthday that day, we decided to dine in and have a taste of what their new menu has to offer. They also offer buffet on this pavilion - which consists mainly of salads and beef döners. They also have bands playing live music at night. The outside part - to which I shall be posting some pics of later is a chill area where hotel guest and walk - ins can enjoy some cocktails and pica pica as they listen to the band.
Appetiser aka complimentary bread: Tomato Bread paired with Olive Oil and Spices. Have to admit, I am a sucker for hotel service breads. Those round buns like this one makes my heart melt. 
I decided to try this one because when I was in Viet Nam staying with my Turkish friends - they offered the same thing in their Turkish Restaurant: Kofta or in plain layman's term: Meatballs. And to my amazement - it tasted the same except that this one, they added flour on the meat while on my friends restaurant - it was pure beef (I know, because I saw their own father making the meatballs himself). So basically now, I know where to go if ever I'll be craving for some Turkish treat or maybe I could just make one for myself :D
Lamb Chops: Have to admit, it tasted so good. 'Twas my first time to have a piece of cooked lamb meat in my system and I totally dig it - not on a regular basis but on special occasions, I'd love to have a bite again. It was perfectly cooked and the sauce that came along with it was brilliant :)
Seafoods Paella: OMG! It was a huge serving but it was totally totally mind blowing. I'm a fanatic of rice with other stuff on it and this one definitely didn't fail me at all.
The famous... I forgot how many pound of burger meat it was but when it was still Manny O's some years ago, 'twas the most expensive burger in the entire region with a price of around 1000php or around 25usd. But this one, I think it's a reduced plating and it only costs less than the price that I just stated. Same taste and same texture. The thing that I like about their burgers though is that it came with a sunny side up egg, which for me is a little twist from the ones that are served in fast foods and other restaurants. 
View from the outside bar and the Churros that we had. We also order some home made ice cream and coffee but the photo I took of it were too dark. I'm not really a fan of sweet treats after a meal but I'd say just go for the home made ice cream because the ingredients used were of top quality and looking at their menus, they didn't offer so much sweets.

Over all, it was a good dining experience. There is definitely something about eating in hotels that makes me feel so at ease and appreciative of the hands that made those servings. I am into food presentation - for me it is so important to present your plating as if your presenting your self in front of a thousand guests. I know it makes no sense but I really like it when my food is not only tasty but also beautifully crafted and served. For Mövenpick Hotel, they achieved it and why wouldn't they? They're an international name that I've been dying to visit. They have a brand in Viet Nam but never had the opportunity to go in because I didn't have enough resources but if I did, I would have love to dine in. Maybe next time.

For more informations, please check their site: 
http://www.moevenpick-hotels.com/en/asia/philippines/cebu/resort-cebu/overview/

No comments:

Post a Comment