Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Nikka's Version of a Beef Pho

Ingredients
Rice Noodles
Beef Tenderloin (choice of sliced meat)
8cups Water
3cubes Knorr Beef Cubes
Dash of Black Pepper
Dash of Lea & Perrins (optional, regular soy sauce)
Rosemary Leaves
Bean Sprouts
Red Bell Pepper (optional, regular chilli)
Mint Leaves (optional)
Onions (sliced, optional)
Red Chilli Paste
Onion Stalks (sliced)
Parsley Leaves
Lemon
Egg (optional)

*PS I forgot to slice some onions for this recipe but it should be there. Also I'm only using the ingredients that I got from the groceries. The greens are replacement for the greens that are on the traditional Vietnamese Pho :)
1. Rice Noodles, 1 Knorr Beef Cube, 4 Cups of Water.
*this is the only rice noodles that I saw on the store. it's a wide noodle which is usually used for Thai's Pad Thai.
2. Pour 4 Cups of Water on a Cooking Ware, Add in 1 Knorr Beef Cube and Rice Noodles. Bring to boil or until noodles are cook.
3. Drained excess water and set noodles aside.
1. Lea & Perrins, Rosemary Leaves, 2 & 1/2 Knorr Beef Cubes, 4 Cups Water, Black Pepper and Beef.
*originally I intended to use just a cube and a half of Knorr thingy but when I tasted my soup, it was blunt so I made it to 2.5 :D
2. Pour in water and beef cubes. Slightly boil.
3. Add in beef and dash of black pepper. Bring to boil until meat is tender and cook.
4. Make sure to take off bubbles from your soup.
Prepare all ingredients and be ready to customised your own Pho :)
Finish Product

This recipe is a real experiment. I'm always scared to try making Pho. It's so easy to make, I've tried making one before in Saigon but it feels strange when all the ingredients needed for it aren't at hand. As I'm writing this, I feel so chicken shiz. :D But the taste is superb and I'm not saying it because I made it but because I perfected the soup.

To be honest, I was having second thoughts making this today, a lot of things were swirling into my head but I've posted on FB that I'll be making it and since I'm always true to my words, here it is. I added in the egg because I seriously love having it on noodle soups. 

Ahh looking and savouring the taste of my own Pho version is putting some huge smile on my face after an excruciating long hot boring day. :D

Enjoy eating :)

PS Don't put in the egg whites on the soup - just the yolk - yellow thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment