Friday, December 13, 2013

Cafe Maxims

My parents and I decided to spend a weekend at Manila, specifically at Resorts World Manila which happens to be my current favourite place in Luzon ('cos it reminded me of the Venetian in Macau). Had always passed by Cafe Maxims but never dined until during this trip.
We dined on a Saturday and they have this band playing some Christmas cheers and must I say, they're fine at it - a tiny orchestra :)
Their menu is consists of entrée that are commonly found in hotels but have to take a photo of this because the price of that pot of tea is disturbing :D It's vintage as per the lady who assisted us and it's just 7 grams of tea for that price. They also have this lists of coffee that's insane expensive but then again - this is Maxims and by that, I think most of their clients are high profile individuals who can readily afford to spend such price brackets :)
This is Chicken Carbonara and have to say, the sauce is nuts delish! There weren't much spices on it but its creaminess was heaven and the way the chicken was cooked was really fantastico! The serving kind of reminded me of my friend Eunice who served us with the same presentation when she made Bolognese for us back home.
Ramen Beef Burger - just have to try this out. It was really interesting but I have to admit - it was complicated to eat 'cos you'll basically end up mixing the crisp ramen with those burger toppings creating a stir fried noodle meal but I think I'm imagining too much. There's probably a right way of eating this but my dad and I decided to put the ramen aside and just eat the burger patty which was perfectly cooked :)

It was a good experience. I wouldn't suggest their coffee orders cos the taste is just so so, I still think Radisson Blu has the best Cafe Mocha ever :) The price is hotel standard price, so don't expect to pay less if you order less. They also offer coffee sets (like for meals, you'll have coffee and some macaroons  and biscuits and stuff).



No comments:

Post a Comment