Monday, March 31, 2014

Simply J's

For the longest time, I've always thought the place was a designers hub or something. Never had the slightest idea that it's a cafe with a homey vibe. Not until my good friend said it's a restaurant and to which we should try and so we did. 
The place is really nice and it feels like you're just at home chilling. I love the interiors and everything in it :)
The menu was nice. Food prices ranges from 135php to 255php with a variation of choices for Pork, Fish and Chicken. What we ordered were specialities if I'm not mistaken. 

Salad, we ordered Chicken Caesar Salad and Simply J's Garden Fresh Salad. Both salads were ok though I prefer Chicken Caesar salad than the latter. I didn't like the sauce for their Simply J's salad but for those who likes apples and grapes on their plate should try it out. I think it was more of their version of a Waldorf's salad. The Chicken Caesar salad on the other hand was really good. The chicken was fresh and now it was cooked was perfect and I love the sauce. Basically, they have a handful of choices for the salads.

Carbonara, it was ok but I think it was a bit oily but good tasting and I love the choice of pasta for it. Other pasta choices includes Seafoods Marinara.

Chicken Cordon Bleu, now this is a MUST cos their servings for chickens are tender and perfect and I love how it was thoroughly done. I just didn't like the idea of plain rice with it. It could have been mashed potato :)

Rack Stuffed Pork, not a pork meat eater but based on how it looked when my friends sliced it, it was good. It had pesto sauce and bacon inside which is interesting. 

There are other handful of choices on their menu and if I get back to try some, I'll prolly go for sausages :) Their located beside Diamond Suites in Escario St., Cebu on the left side of Quest Hotel. They also have function rooms for birthdays and events and it is family owned and they called it Simply J's to honor the owners grandchild's name which starts with the letter J :)

No comments:

Post a Comment