Thursday, August 18, 2016

Canvas Ropes

Canvas fabrics, recycled glasses and so on and so forth and then there's cotton canvas ropes. I don't know about you but the idea and the sight of it, always makes me giddy. I remember the first time I saw it on a stand inside a hardware and itching my hands to grab one and buy but it was too expensive for a rope thus, the dream disappeared - only to reappear at a dollar Japanese store that I always visit whenever I have time. And so my cotton rope dreams came to a reality. 

Now, this is a cotton rope which has a lot of uses. It could be use as a bag handle and other uses that could be both for home or another crafty - DIY. The garden rope is another personal favourite which is really hard to find around in Cebu and which is really nice to use as ribbon for almost anything.

For this DIY, I will be showing you how to reuse semi cracked drinking glasses and turn it into a vase. Check the photo below to see what you need which you can easily find at home.
Cotton Rope
Cracked Drinking Glass (or any re useable glass ware)
Scissors
Glue Gun and Glue Stick

Basically, what you have to do is wrap the glass with  the rope. Starting from the bottom going up in a spiral movement but making sure there are no spaces in between each level. I wish, I could have taken a photo of the process but I forgot but I think we can all get the idea by looking at the images. Make sure to glue the rope correctly and neatly. Finish it by tying a garden rope around your vase.


Isn't it a beautiful sight? I did this DIY a few months ago, I think at the start of Spring and I've always loved the photo. So, try it out and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment