Saturday, November 4, 2017

Two

Today is a special day for me and Martijn. We're celebrating our 2nd year as a couple. Two years went by fast but it always felt like we've been together longer.

Martijn and I met a long time ago but had lost contact and found each other again - through social media. I am currently in Holland to visit him and his family. As I am writing this, I am still half asleep, a little nauseas but totally happy since I get to spend this day with him - we're finally not on a long distance setting for the time being. 

If you asked me how it was possible to keep a two year relationship grow while being apart - the answer is simple - you have to keep the communication going even in little good mornings or goodnights. Sometimes, it's unavoidable that one of you might be tired from a days activities but it's always important to acknowledge that someone in another time zone is there just waiting for a simple hello. To some it becomes a struggle, it becomes boring and it becomes a responsibility to keep talking but as long as you have a good understanding of each other's schedule then talking, video calling isn't an effort or a responsibility anymore (as others would quote). 

Anyway, before I end up talking random nonsense, I'm going to end this one with a wonderful photo of Martijn and I. Happy Anniversary my love. May we continue to grow together in spite my childish ways. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment