Wednesday, February 14, 2018

YES!

Hi everyone! Greetings from stormy but filled with warm hearts Philippines! Officially back to my home country since end of January and there are so many exciting stories I'd like to share but will limit it to the most thrilling highlight of my 2018 to date.

In my last entry, I was expressing my excitement for the plans that my partner and I had plotted for this year and for our future. Everything was going smoothly as planned 'til we decided to drop by the city hall in his town to inquire and gather requirements about getting married (it was part of our plans for this year) and while we were merely there standing in the counter chitchatting with the officer, she suddenly came back with a surprising question of which date we wanted and to which time - to which I blurted this and this, all thinking that she was just asking for the sake of asking and then she came back and said to submit our requirements 2 weeks before the reserved date and it was it. It was a done deal, we had our wedding date on the spot - even before we got engaged. So, what did my partner do?!?!?

Being the good boyfriend that he was, we both got engaged on the same day (asking me for marriage was also on our to do lists before I left Holland - it just came earlier :D ). So, on the afternoon of the same day, Martijn brought a ring with his mother while I went window shopping and when we came back home, I went to the toilet and put some moisturiser on my hands (so it's ready for the big question).

Martijn got on one knee in our living room and the whole time I swear I was laughing because it was unlike him but he did go down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I can't remember the many times he has asked me through skype when we first started dating to marry him. It was like a practice question to which I always laugh off but says yes all the time but seeing him do the proper way in his own Martijn de Roos way was different. It still makes me a little teary eyed because - I am finally engaged to the man who made me believe in second chances and in love. It was the perfect and bestest YES, I've blurted in my life. I am officially off the market and if all goes well with our requirements then in a few months, I am officially a Mrs. SM de Roos :) 

My love story with Martijn is like in the movies but filled so much realities that we both went through before we met again and dive into the world of relationships and commitment. Four years ago, I was prepared to just be single. I wasn't looking for anything fun or serious. After all the heartaches I've been through, I've said it was enough but then Martijn stumbled upon me on Instagram and of all the photos I've seen in my entire life and after all those years that we've lost contact, I still remembered his profile photo (his baby photo!) and as they say it in books, the rest is history. I'll always be glad that he blurted I love you on that night and went through a 20 hours flight to see me in person and spend his holidays with me in spite him feeling a bit sick. 

I am so blessed that I will be marrying a man who loves me in spite all my childish ways and the miles of distance between us. I am looking forward to being called his wife and him my husband. To everyone who feels that love has closed its doors on them, have faith. Sometimes, good things happen when you least expect it. It also doesn't hurt to pray for guidance to meet a genuine person to love. With that I am excited to wear my wedding bridal set soon but for now, give me a moment to admire the promise ring and engagement ring Martijn gave me. Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment