Monday, September 30, 2019

Hello 36!

A few weeks ago, I celebrated my thirty six birthday... I can't say a lot has changed since I was one but I would definitely - most likely say I've grown to be the person my parents probably hoped for (fingers crossed that they feel the same sentiments as I).

Kidding aside, this year I have a lot to be thankful for. I am here, alive and opening another page of my life journal which I have yet to fill with memories and gratitude for my every day existence. I am blessed to have spent the last 35 years of my life learning through books, traveling, learning about culture, religion and love through experiences. I can say I did a great job falling several times and letting my loved ones down but I am glad to say that this year, I am given another chance to correct those past short comings. I think, it is so important to remember that every day when we wake up, we are given another shot at starting fresh and that is the gift that I would say is the greatest that I've come to received for my 36th birthday.

I didn't have a fancy celebration. When you're undergoing treatment, I think you somehow lost the energy to even plan for something special that the best that you would want is just to eat a piece of beef burger with all the things you want in it and go to church where your parents got married and thank God for another life to live and love. And of course, that's just what I  did.

After months of cravings, I was finally able to eat the burger of my dreams. And oh! don't fret, I dind't eat the fries and the entire bun. I still know my limits ;)

That's how I celebrated my 36th birthday. Back in the day, I would ran tantrums when I don't get anything for my birthday. I would even cry because I love receiving gifts. But this year... I've come to terms that there is more to material things, that life is more than any gifts combined and it is the best gift that is from God and we must not take that for granted. Aside from that, I've received so many gifts from people through prayers and that's what matters most.

This entry feels more like Facebook post but on a serious note, let us always be grateful for our everydays. Let us not take for granted the chances that we are given, nor waste the life that we are able to live. Let us not also forget to always thank God for providing for us and may we always say a silent prayers for others. 

Sharing a photo I took yesterday. Happy Birthday to all September babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment