Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tsay Cheng Restaurant

If you've been following my blog, you've probably noticed that I'm usually dining into Chinese restaurants, well as I've said before, my parents (though we're not Chinese) are fond of Chinese cuisine and growing up I've been into it as well.

Tsay Cheng is a newly opened restaurant in the old Grand Convention Center in Cebu. When we dined in a few weeks ago, they were still on their soft opening thus they didn't have the final menu for their entrees yet but based on the aura of the place, I like it because it was clean and the choice for wall colours was very neat and royal but I do wonder what their final menu looks like. Anyways, here are some of the photos that I took during our experience.
I really like their colour choices. It's too clean and homey. It's like Parisian chic in a Chinese setting. And they have function rooms for parties and meetings. Those cubicles on the sides are the rooms and are open for reservations.
We decided to try out the usual Chinese dishes that we order in other restaurants.
Sour Soup (something like that), it was delish. I love the sour after taste and I just love any Chinese soup for that matter. It was their chef's thingy so we try it out.
Yang Chow Fried Rice, ahhh! Their version is heaven. I just love it.
Beef with Broccoli, this is a personal favourite and I always end up trying this. I love the crispy vegetables and the taste of their beef. I somehow had the same taste as the ones I make.
US Scallops, I also love scallops but this dish was a bit blunt. I needed more colour and a little amp on the taste but it was healthy in a way.
Crabs of crabs. I think only Chinese people are the best when it comes to cooking this dish but was so so. Nothing beats the one in Singapore or the ones in Glorietta :)
The famous Patatim and it's bread but I think the bread was too dry and was soaked with oil. I didn't try the Patatim itself because I don't eat pork's meat but looking at it, it was cooked perfectly. Tender and soft.
Sweets!
Peppermint Tea Cooler, it was good but it smelled like spa. I can't help but remember the spas I've been to with the smell.
Mandarin Cheese Cake, the taste was that of the regular cheesecake but the serving was totally small in size.
Mango Panda, ahhh heaven! I rarely appreciate desserts cos I'm not a dessert person but I love this. I know it's too simple but it's really tasty.
Buchi, this is another personal Chinese tasty favourite and their version is wickedly fantastic. I love the fillings and I love everything on it.


It was a good experience. I think most Chinese restaurants that I've been to have that vibe that makes me go out satisfied and happy. Tsay Cheng is located at the lower level of the new Grand Convention building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment