Friday, September 5, 2014

The Household Guide To Dying by Debra Adelaide

Probably one of the most amazing books I've read about life and it's realist complex. Never heard of this book 'til I saw it on a booksale at a very discounted price - just got to have it because it's hard bound and the front cover is very interesting. For the passed months, I've been collecting books on hard copies via booksale :)

The story focuses on one's preparation for that final big day. Not just any ordinary day but a special one which is as special as your birth date, wedding and a whole lot of stuff. I think that it's really important to prepare ourselves mentally, physically and spiritually for death, though some comes in unexpectedly and in an untimely manner, still the book had it all seemed covered.

I've seen and known family members and friends die out of sickness and I always thought they've had lived life to the fullest, specially if they've been given enough time to process everything, however, I still feel (after reading the book) that no one can really say s/he is ready for something that means the end, though I believe in after life, the reality of not seeing the people you used to see and be spending time with is scary. I think, for those who are on the edge can say, they're scared but are not showing it. Either way, the important thing is to live each and every single day like it is your last. Say I love you, I miss you as much as you can and show it and make the people your care for feel how special they are. 

I would totally recommend this book. How, it was written was also beautiful. There were chapters were I cried and thought of situations because it was just to real.

No comments:

Post a Comment