Friday, February 13, 2015

Bangkok Thailand: Food Trip Edition

In every travel that I go to, I always make sure to try out dishes from whichever country or city it is that I am visiting. Thailand, is one of the many countries in Asia that is just so rich and diverse when it comes to flavours. The spices department is really nuts and I just love Tom Yum Goong - Tom Yum Goong - anytime of the day is just fabulous GOOD. Here are a few snaps and descriptions of what I basically tasted around. There are another specialities that I haven't tried cos it is quite different when you're travelling with your parents who are health/ hygiene conscious but nonetheless, I'd like to believed that I've covered what I needed for my taste buds this time around.

Sky Coffee Shop (Baiyoke Sky Tower Hotel)

Hotel lobby dine in upon arrival with an ample view of what's in store outside the hotel. This is our second time staying at Baiyoke Sky Tower Hotel and it's always a pleasure and full of nonstop convenience if I may say.
Thai Fried Rice, the usual fried that we order in most restaurants - only difference is that Thailand is one of the many countries that has rich rice soils that produces on of the best qualities there is :) The servings kind of reminded me from those in Saigon, Vietnam.
Japanese Ramen, good and really tasty.
Assorted Sashimi, fresh as a breeze.
Thai Pad Thai, ahhh! It's the best :)
Fresh Coco Juice

Fruit Buffet 

Craving for seasoned fruits which are the freshest of the freshest? Or just simply going for that healthy lifestyle vibe then this lobby shop is catered to just FRUITS. And it's EAT ALL YOU CAN.

You can stay on this area for a maximum of 2 hours for 350baht. All sorts of seasoned fruits are available as well as these freshly squeezed juices and some dried fruits too. You can also opt for fruits salad mixes or ask their friendly staff to open new Durians for you. And oh did I mentioned, that they also have all sorts of sorbets and ice creams? :D NOM!

Baiyoke Sky Tower Hotel is also known as a buffet hub for tourists and locals apart from being the tallest building with a revolving tower in Bangkok Thailand. For more details on room bookings and restaurant reservations, kindly click  http://baiyokesky.baiyokehotel.com/?utm_source=affilired and click on Dining :) You can also like their Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/baiyokeskyhotel?ref=ts&fref=ts

Street Food (Indra Area just outside Baiyoke Sky Tower Hotel)

I'm telling you Bangkok Thailand is probably the only city in the world, where there is no excuse for getting hungry because you will never get hungry at all - most local vendors operates at 5 in the afternoon 'til early morning.




Now, if you want to morning the night by trying all the varieties of street food in Bangkok - this area in Indra just outside Baiyoke Sky Tower Hotel is a major hub for street shopping (tiangge style) and street foods - even street cocktail bars are available. Just be cautious on some items that you want to eat. My favourites are the grilled fish (fresh as coco and just amazingly yummy). Prices are usually below 100baht but it all depends on the dish. 

Platinum Food Court

On the topmost of a shopping center in Bangkok lies a food court with a style. Why I say so? Because you need to purchase a loaded card to be able to buy the different varieties of food from every stall. And I was actually reprimanded by one employee cos it was not allowed to take in photos but girls gotta take some snaps :)

You need to purchase these loaded cards to your load of choices from 200baht up and you can enter the area and start swiping it like you're shopping for a pair of hermes :D
Most dishes are purely Asian which ranges from Ramen, Noodles, Curries and these sweet treats. My personal favourite is this filled waffle, the fillings are of different choices ranging from durian, beans and so on. I actually love the Thai Cream filling :D 

Seafood Thai Food

In one of our private guided tours, our guide took us to this home styled restaurant near the pier area which served fresh seafoods and I have to tell you, the dishes were all amazing.

Tom Yum Goong, like I said earlier I'm never gonna get tired of having this. I think in this travel, this was my 4th bowl of Tom Yum Goong. I kept having it dine in, in our hotel room :D But this one was superbly flavoured.
Four Kinds of Seafoods, ahhh Thailand is truly amazing when it comes to soup dishes.

Chicken Curry, apart from Pad Thai and Tom Yum Soup, Thailand is known for their curries. And it is a must try in every restaurant that you'll dine in in Bangkok.
Crab Meat Fried Rice
Grilled Fish, they actually call it Barbecued Fish and dude, it's freaking boneless and grilled to perfection.
Fresh Orange Juice, one of the many reasons why I had an acne break out after the trip was this drink. I couldn't get enough of oranges. In every restaurant and street vendor, I went to, they all had the same exact same taste for their oranges which is just pure heave :)
Bottled water, in a really literally sense. I almost died upon realising that each bottle was individual sealed :D

If you happen to be on guided tour, you can ask your guide to take you to this place. It's usually packed during lunch by tourists and the place is just with limited seats, so it's always better to go with reservations or be there before lunch time or lunch time.

Grand Palace (Siam Paragon)

I have to tell you, Siam Paragon Food Court is just crazy crowded during night time but the varieties of semi expensive open restaurants in a food court setting caught me by surprised. Grand Palace is basically the only restaurant that I went into that serves a soup that's worth around 3000baht but of course we didn't take that :D

Orange Juice, again and again :D
Mushroom Soup, ahhh love it. Reminded me of a mushroom soup I've tried somewhere in Singapore.
Stir Fried Noodles, the shrimps were fresh but not so much a fan of the dish.
Dimsum Taro, really good. Almost the same taste as the ones here in Cebu.
Steamed Fish in Soy Sauce, amazingly spiced and cooked perfectly.
Prawn Salad, averagely good.

To sum up this experience, my favourite is the steamed fish in soy sauce. I think Chinese restaurants are the best when it comes to steaming dishes. I have to suggest going around Siam Paragon Food Court on non peak hours to really enjoy checking out everything. There's also this Indian Resto there, that I was dying to try but can't cos my parents are somewhat allergic to curry flavoured dishes :D

The Berkeley Dining Room (Berkeley Pratunam Hotel)

This would have to fall under fine private dining cos we were the only ones in their dining area that night :D But it was all cool, they still served up with the highest quality and I just love it. I love all the food.

 Buffet Breakfast are usually held on this area in most days.
Bread and Butter, my favourite in any restaurant that I dine into.
Tom Yum Goong, amazing as always :)
Chicken Satay, the presentation kind of surprised me but it was flavoured right.
Margarita Pizza, as expected of a Margarita Pizza but I love their dough 
Grilled Pork Chop
Chicken (it's an India Dish - I forgot the name), but it was just crazy yummy :)
Assorted Fruits
Grilled Fish

It was an amazing experience to dine with a little privacy and with your own butler but it was also a bit expensive but all worth it. For more details and for room bookings check www.theberkeleypratunam.com

Big C Supermarket

I think it has become my tradition to check out supermarkets when I travel. I obviously for Thailand, I have to check it out because of the assortments of spices and sauces that I know are readily available. And Big C didn't fail me on this. This was basically the closest to the hotels that I stayed to.

What surprised me was the assortment of fresh Tuna and Salmons on their fresh goods area. Just mouth watering. Then theres the flavoured rice, different spices and sauces. I wanted to shop everything but of course I didn't have enough spare money in my pocket hahaha so I just ended taking pictures :D

Silom Village (Airport Dining)
This is my last taste of Thailand for this travel and even in their airport dining - it didn't fail me at all. Talk about brining in the flavours from the street on the convenience of the airport waiting area. I am totally suggesting this stop when you're hungry while waiting for your flights. Their customers were mostly pilots and businessmen. :)

And that concludes my Food Trip for this travel. In all Asian countries, Thailand is my favourite because of the ambiance that it offers. I love the different food flavours, I love their love for Elephants and shopping and I love all their tourists attractions, especially the temples. And I love it there. Looking forward to coming back - hopefully with my better half. Hahaha One day :D 'Til next food trip! <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment